Helena McCoy - Feb 10, 2021
Nourish Your Energy
In the Ayurvedic tradition, Ojas is an essence of kapha that gives the body strength, nourishment, protection, and regeneration. It is sometimes considered to be synonymous with immunity.
It is the essence of all bodily tissues and the product of healthy digestion. It also protects prana (life force). Ojas can be affected by the state of our digestion and also by overall lifestyle choices and experiences. Healthy ojas foster bliss and happiness and are unbalanced by stress on our systems. It is extremely important to protect ojas during episodes of unusual stress, cold and flu season,or any big life transition.
Ojas and a strong immune system depend upon robust agni (digeston), a balanced diet, a routine lifestyle, and a balanced nervous system.
This is exactly why basic-self care is crucial - learning how to cultivate ojas in daily rituals will help you support your immune system and gain control over your well-being
How to Support Ojas
- Cultivate a daily routine (dinacharya) and a seasonal routine (ritucharya).
- Practice yoga, pranayama, and meditation.
- Utilize various mindfulness practices.
- Consume organic, cooked, and vegetarian food.
- Incorporate fresh nuts, honey, dates, whole grains, rice, and fresh fruits/vegetables into your diet.
- Manage sexual energy in accordance with the seasons and one's energetic constitution.
- Include Ayurvedic herbs and rasayanas - tonic drinks and jams like Chyavanprash.
Practices that Harm Ojas
- Chronic stress such as emotional stress, environmental stress, relationship stress, or work stress.
- Unsupported mental health.
- Trauma and overexertion.
- Lack of sleep and/or unhealthy sleep cycles.
- Excessive travel.
- Improper diet.
- Smoking, excessive alcohol, addictions, and/or recreational drugs.
Start incorporating nourishing practices into your daily routine to reduce stress, boost brain power, and protect against disease.
Don't know where to start? Take our quiz and receive a plant-based and personalized formula, based on your unique symptoms. We make taking herbal medicine easy with our Focus + Balance capsules, packed with 10 intellect herbs and adaptogens.