Kapha skin is ruled by the elements of earth and water. In balance, Kapha skin is cool, soft and moist. When out of balance, Kapha skin is susceptible to cystic acne, excess oil, and clogged pores.
Balance is achieved through light and detoxifying practices.
Maintain your Kapha glow.
- Detox internally and externally regularly.
- Exfoliate weekly.
- Practice abhyanga to increase circulation and drain the lymphatic system. Use light and warming oils such as grape seed and sesame.
- Incorporate meditation and relaxation techniques to ease stress. Start with 5 minutes a day and work your way up to 20-30 minutes.
- Cultivate a yoga practice that focuses on invigorating and heating movements. Practice sun/moon salutations and heart opening postures.
- Consume more organic vegetables and fruits to cleanse the body.
- Drink warm ginger and lemon water in the morning to stimulate agni (digestion).
- Utilize warming spices such as ginger, cayenne, and black pepper to stimulate agni (digestion) and clear toxins from the body.
Small, gradual adjustments in your daily life can make you happier, healthier, and more beautiful, on the inside and out.