Vata skin is ruled by the elements of ether and air. In balance, Vata skin is mildly dry and cool. When out of balance, Vata skin is susceptible to intense dryness, premature aging, and wrinkles.
Balance is achieved through warming, nurturing, and hydrating practices.
Maintain your vata glow.
- Drink 6-8 cups of water per day.
- Stick to a regular daily routine to reduce stress and stay balanced.
- Incorporate meditation and relaxation techniques to ease stress. Start with 5 minutes a day and work your way up to 20-30 minutes.
- Cultivate a yoga practice that focuses on grounding movement through postures such as Tree Pose and Child’s Pose. Move through your poses slowly and lovingly.
- Practice abhyanga to moisturize dry skin and cultivate a sense of stability. Sesame, almond or avocado oil are most balancing for Vata individuals.
- Consume healthy fats: avocados, ghee, olive oil, sesame seeds, and almonds.
Small, gradual adjustments in your daily life can make you happier, healthier, and more beautiful, on the inside and out.