Pitta skin is ruled by the elements of fire and water. In balance, Pitta skin is rosy and has a beautiful dewy glow. When out of balance, Pitta skin is susceptible to inflammation, excess oil production, acne, and redness.
Balance is achieved through cooling and soothing practices.
Maintain your Pitta glow.
- Incorporate cooling foods into your diet: coconut water, coconut oil, avocados, and bananas.
- Utilize cooling herbs like coriander, cumin, and fennel in your cooking or soak them in hot water for a nourishing beverage.
- Create a yoga practice that includes cooling and calming forward folds and twists. Avoid heated yoga classes.
- Cultivate a meditation practice. Start with 5 minutes and work your way up to 20-30 minutes.
- Apply coconut oil daily to cool and calm the skin.
- Limit sun exposure.
- Reduce intake of alcohol, coffee, spicy, oily, and fried foods.
- Spend time with those you love. Slow down and enjoy stillness.
Small, gradual adjustments in your daily life can make you happier, healthier, and more beautiful, on the inside and out.